Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. To celebrate this traditional day of “amore”, Vivacini is introducing a new column for the February issue: “He said . . . she said.”
If you would like to share what your version of a perfect Valentine’s Day celebration is, submit it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking for two entries . . . one from a “he”, and another from a “she.”
1. You must be at least 18 years of age (if you’re younger than this, contact me before you enter).
2. At least 300 words and no more than 500 words to be submitted as a Word doc attachment (just in case you don’t know how to do this, email me for help).
3. No profane or pornographic language.
4. Your submission must be your original work and not published anywhere else.
5. Include your name and whether you want attribution or prefer to remain anonymous (in case you don’t want your significant other to know what you REALLY want and are getting something else.) Also, indicate whether you’re entering it as a “he” or “she” . . . it’s not always obvious from the name.
Each winning entry will receive a $15 Amazon gift card . . . I know, I know . . . it’s not much, but hey, it will at least buy you a Kindle book! You must enter under the email that you want to use to redeem your gift card.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS JANUARY 15, 2013, MIDNIGHT, MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME (or is it “daylight savings” time now?????) Whatever time it is in my part of the world on that day which is the “mountain time zone”.
So, get creative and dream a little . . . and most of all, have fun!